January 4, 2009

Welcome 2009!

I am not the type to make New Year's Resolutions. I have never done so, and will not start now. But I do like to look forward to the new year. And to review about "lessons learned" from the old.

I enjoyed somethings about 2008. The election (with everything that came with it!) some of the trips we made. Catching up with old friends. The last couple of weeks has been especially enjoyable around the house. We didn't leave town, but we did have some great times here. (See our day late NYE party, our very private NYE dinner, making goose gumbo [a tradition now] from leftover Christmas goose, and the preparation for Christmas itself)

I won't dwell on the badness of 2008, but it was mostly focused on the performance of our investments. Of course, as a good friend said not long ago, it is all about Cash Flow right now. Forget Net Worth! (words to live by)

I trust that in 2009 we will see the economy stabilize, oil prices go up to a more rational level that will sustain exploration as well as alternative solutions.

I believe that my company will return to a more robust level of growth in 2009 (from a very anemic, though positive! growth level in 2008)

And I hope that the health of my loved ones and myself remains good in 2009.

I don't think that 2009 will be an easy year. But that isn't the point, is it?

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment