January 29, 2009

Personal Myths

A friend of Doreen's thinks that she invented 3D Seismic. As flattering as that sounds, she did not. She even wrote him a note saying that she did not. But it is part of his personal myth for Doreen. It is a source of great merriment for us whenever we see him (which is seldom)

A friend of mine believes in her heart of hearts that I made an investor presentation in rap. I know why she believes this, but it is stuck in her head and she just cannot get it out.

The reason that she believes this is that when I was working for Bell Geospace and we were in Leipzig for an EAGE convention. My boss and I were coming back to our hotel from the convention center, and we may have had a beer or two. So we started rapping on the tram.

It's tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time.

Especially on a tram.

No comments:

Post a Comment