January 24, 2009

Randolph LeBlanc Jr. RIP



My Uncle Randy passed away this week. He was married to my Aunt Charlie (Charlotte) - one of my mother's sisters.

He was very good to me when I was a child. I grew up in Appleton, WI (about 20 miles south of "that foolish Green Bay" as my father would say) but visited south Louisiana (Franklin, in St Mary's Parish) every summer.

Uncle Randy was always the fun uncle. He ran St Mary's Iron works, a fabrication plant that serves the sugar industry and the offshore oil industry. He had boat (a wooden Chris Craft that later sunk)
and took me offshore more than once.

He loved to eat, and to drink, and was, well, just a touch bossy (I know, I know "de mortuis nil nisi bonum". But that wasn't too bad. I, myself have on rare occasions been called bossy) I just loved going to visit him and his whole family.

(Thanks to Claire Vath (his granddaughter) for the photo. I took it without permission. I hope you don't mind)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Nah, I don't mind. I copy other people's old pictures all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother has a photo album that was in her house. Since she hasn't been sleeping there, I was scared all her photos were getting ruined, so I asked her to let me store at least a few albums. I took that one at Christmas, which has some really cool old pics. I scanned in a few that I'll e-mail you, just 'cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be great!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete