January 23, 2009

Old photos

Doreen and I are in the process of assembling old photographs to get them ready for scanning. (We are using a service called Scan My Photos) Some of the photos can't be sent off, so I had to scan them here.

This is a photo taken at my high school graduation - that would have been in May or June of 1975.



That is me looking at the photographer.

I remember the day quite well. My old debate partner (Kimberly Taylor) beat me out to give the commencement speech. She was talking when I saw the photographer walking on the field (We had an outside graduation. It was the first time that my high school (Appleton High School West) had an outdoor graduation)

I watched him instead of paying attention to Kim. (I had heard her speech before anyway. Something about this not being the end, but the beginning, and the challenges we face. You've been there. Love you Kim, but it's true)

I even noticed him snapping the pictures.

This was on the front page of the local paper (The Appleton Post Cresent) the next day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment