January 3, 2010

Holidays are over

The 2010 work year starts tomorrow. If I don't join my sweet ever lovin' for a day off on MLK day, it will be a long time before we have a holiday. Of course, I am losing vacation hours every paycheck, so maybe I should start taking a day or two off every month until I burn the hours down.

I have great hopes for 2010. Work should be good. The software is working well and we have proven demand. The house is in good shape - just a few repairs that are inevitable in a place that is almost 100 years old. And I the last 10 years are the best ten years of my life (I was married in 2001). So maybe I have broken the "Pick two of three" jinx (job, home, marriage) and have hit the trifecta.

The holidays were nice. We went to a couple of parties, but not too many parties. We cooked for both Christmas and New Year's Eve - and both dinners turned out great. We relaxed around the house and just didn't worry about anything.

So we will see what 2010 will bring.

Happy New Year to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment