July 28, 2005

Speeding? Me? Never!

I have about an 18 mile commute. It is against traffic (I live in a neighborhood called The Montrose, and it is only about two miles from downtown. I work in Sugar Land – Tom Delay’s hometown – to the Southwest of Houston) and the traffic flows nicely. There are two other folks I work with who live rather close to me, and I occasionally see them on the way to work.

This morning, when I was about two exits away from the office, I passed one of these guys. He had recently purchased a new car – an Audi A4 – and I thought it would be fun to speed up a bit.

So I slammed the hammer down and quickly jumped from 65 to about 95. Then, I just coasted up an incline with takes me over US 90 and down to my exit.

As I crested the hill, I see a small black and white Mustang parked on the shoulder. My heart jumped into my mouth, and I looked down at my speedometer. Whew! 65 again.

I was still jazzing on adrenaline as I pass the State Trooper, and he slowly pulled out as I was passing him.

What??? This can’t be right. I was trying to figure our how he could possibly have got a read on me over the hill. But I was relieved as he let me pass by, and then jumped to the main lanes and rocketed off into the distance.

I was never so happy to be passed by a cop.

No comments:

Post a Comment