May 5, 2013

Sunday in Houston

I hate it when Doreen travels, but I suppose I have to make the best of it.

Today was a beautiful day:


and I started it as usual with a nice shot of coffee:


Those of you who know espresso know that one of the most important pieces of equipment you own is your grinder. I have a Mahlkoeing Pro-M All Around grinder.

Here it is in action:


and here are the results:

I do roast my own beans, and every Sunday I bake bread for the week:


But as I said it was a beautiful day.



I was about to go for a bike ride. Sadly, Blaze is too old to accompany me:


but I don't think she would like a pb&j sandwich anyway:


(Who am I kidding? She would love one)

I got almond butter with apple jam and fresh strawberries on white, grilled, at the attendant's recommendation.

It was very delicious.



You can see that here:


I ate it on a bench at the Menil Museum


as I said, it was a spectacular day.


I love this museum


and I love these bridges:


This is Milford street in the Museum District:


There is a high rise apartment going up at Graustark and Richmond:


But then I came home:
 

The only thing that would have made the day nicer is if Doreen had been with me.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment