May 26, 2013

Dolce far niente, part duo.

Walking Blaze in the dark is nice, even if I was feeling a little slow. Since it was so early, I decided to do some Nordic Walking (walking with sticks) to get my blood pumping.

I walked only about 1.5 miles, and was slow - over 13 minutes per mile. But I figured that was fair because I was up so late the night before.

I thought about washing the car, riding my bike, writing a little, or thinking great thoughts. For most of the day, I did none of that. I worked a little in the garden, I tried (unsuccessfully) to take a nap, I finished the book I was reading (Hunger, by Knut Hamsun) and did a little gardening.

But later in the day, I went to pick up Trouta and meet family at The Yard House out in the west side of town.

We met my sister Jeannette, my niece Josienne, her husband Jared, their two kids Julius and J Noel, my nephew (Jeannette's son) Quinn and his Novia Roxy and their daughter, my cousin Beth, Roxy's cousin Cecilia (who works for a friend of mine) and her boyfriend Jason.

We had a great time there, and when we were finished with our (very long and fun) late lunch we ambled over to the City Center city center. We had some cupcakes and watched the kids play, with many, many other kids. I swear you could have opened the United Nations there. I am not sure how many native languages were represented, but it was more that two. Or three. or four,. or Five...

I finally made it home and read some more (I just started a George Orwell book called Burmese Days) and went to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment