December 5, 2010

Cars - Chapter four 1973 Oldsmobile Delta 88

After the 1600 was totaled, I needed a car fast. Not a fast car, at least not that I could afford one.

One of the guys at the office, our Electrical Engineer, Larry Goetz, told me he would sell me his Olds Delta 88 (This is not it, I don't have a photo of this car, either):

From Cars


But that is the right color, and it was cold when I owned it.

Larry was a good guy and was trying to help me out. In my youth I probably didn't realize that he was doing me a big favor, and I did not return the pleasure.

I did not like that car, and started trying to sell it as soon as I took possession. For some reason, I was acquainted with a recent Russian immigrant. He wanted the Olds, and I sold it to him less than a month after Larry sold it to me, at a profit. I didn't even have clear title!

Not something I am particularly proud of, but there you have it. I made some money, but upset Larry.

If you are out there Larry, sorry about that. I was just a dumb kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment