August 27, 2012

The COH delivers

Last week Thursday I noticed that there was a leak in the water main leading up to our water meter. It was just a small leak, but we all know what happens to small leaks in the street.

So I 311'd the problem. (I tried to do it online, but it was not possible. They need to get someone from Google to help them with usability) I called and my line was picked up in under a minute. It took no more than 2 minutes to report the problem, and then I signed off.

I was not particularly optimistic about when the problem would be resolve, but was very pleased to see  the City of Houston water guy in the street Friday morning when I was coming home from a meeting. (Yes, a work meeting. It is mostly pro bono at this point, but I hope that will change at some point)

The streets were wet, so the leak was hard to spot. I showed the guy where the leak was, and he flagged it.

The next day (Saturday!) when we came home from Waffles with Waltraud, our street was blocked off (inconvenient) and the main was being repaired!

IT took a couple of waterless hours, but the pipe was fixed.

The street is still a mess, but I hope that will be resolved, too.

So, it is a win for the City of Houston!

No comments:

Post a Comment