August 19, 2012

On Sabbatical

On June 29th, 2012, I sold the company that I was working for - Object Reservoir - to Landmark Graphics, a subsidiary of Halliburton. This was the conclusion of about 18 months worth of work.

This gave me the opportunity to take a sabbatical.

Now, my sabbatical is not a goal oriented sabbatical like some of our good friends engage in. I admire the author of that blog, and read his updates, shall we say, religiously.

My time off is spent in more prosaic ways.

I have planted a garden, and have harvested some beautiful radishes:

I have cooked a lot of seafood, mostly on Fridays, including a lot of soft shell crab:


That takes a lot of butter and oil:

   

but you end up with a beautiful meal:





Since I am not longer driving to work, I am spending a lot more time with Blaze.

This shows what she feels about this:
 

I was also able to drive up to Austin one a whim and see my newest nephew, Oliver:
 

I also grew a beard:
 
but I shaved it off.

I also got a new coffee machine. A Quickmill Achille 0996 spring driven lever operated espresso machine. I will probably write more about this later.
 

The first several weeks have been busy. Very busy.

But I am trying to find a way around that.

More later.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments: