June 18, 2011

M3 back. As good as new

The whole effort to get the M3 back on the road again as taken quite a bit of time. You may recall that I suffered a disater on May 28th while returning from the farmer's market.

Since then, I have been in almost daily contact with GEICO (my Insurance Company) and Advantage BMW (my dealer and repair shop). We had to go through a couple of iterations of insurance inspection before the car was ready to be delivered this last week Thursday.

I was pretty happy, but my insurance adjuster was on vacation. I called his mobile phone, which pointed me to another adjuster. I call that phone, and she told me who would be taking over for my assigned adjuster while he was on vacation.

I called THAT fellow, and he told me he would not be able to get to my car until Monday or Tuesday. Oh! I was depressed.\

I asked if there was any way he could take a quick look, and pointed out that I have been without my car for quite a while. He said probably not. I thanked him, and hung up.

Imagine my surprise (and joy!) when he called up the next morning and told me my car was ready to go. I arranged to leave work early, and dropped off my cute little bug, and made it down to my dealership around 4:00 PM.

There it was! I got it home to my garage (gingerly) and took a photo or two:





That same day, we saw a baby mockingbird in our Lace Bark Elm in front of the house:


One more shot of the car:


I have to give a shout out to GEICO, in particular Gifford H, and Advantage BMW, in particular Gustavo Q. Both companies, and individuals were a joy to deal with, kept me informed, answered any questions I had, and really worked with me to get my car back.

Thanks!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment