May 30, 2011

Iberian Dinner Party

As I mentioned in the story about my car, we had a dinner party last night. It was an Iberian Themed party, so we had sardines as the main course:



which I had to clean (too bad I don't have a gut-boy to help me)


and then we pack them in salt for a couple of hours. I am not sure why, but I think that it dries them out some. Anyway, it is now a tradition.


Another dinner party tradition that we have to to bake the New York Times No Knead Bread:

which is always delicious.

As it was Sunday morning, I also baked my famous "Dannidamim" bread:


Doreen selected a couple of interesting dips to go along with dinner. One was a Reg Mojo sauce. You had to rehydrate ancho peppers, and the scrape the pulp off the skins:

It was a lot of work. Interesting sauce.


No knead, done. Isn't it beautiful? And it tastes as good as it looks.


We also made a chocolate and macadamia nut tort. This is the crust.


Toasting the macadamia nuts


And of course we had asparagus. Grilled. It is that time of year.


Kiss the chef!


Scallions, waiting to be grilled. These were dipped in to the Red Mojo Sauce.


Dressing the tort. I did not do this.


Ta da!


Iberian treats. Marcona Almonds, Manchego Cheese, Serrano Ham, and olives.


We also got andouille sausage from the Greatful Bread guy at the Eastside Farmers Market. Delicous!


Grilled sardines. Hard to beat


Most of the food. That is my sis-in-law's World Famous Three Bean Salad in there.



Looks good, eh?


It was a delightful time. We had some Cava as a starter, and then some vinho verde with the meal.

And great company to enjoy it with us!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I don't see sardines much. Do you get them frozen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were flash frozen on the boat. My guess is that most "fresh" sardines are also fresh frozen. The best part was that the checkout person could not find a price, so we got the all for $5.00

    ReplyDelete