August 25, 2010

Just August

My wife and I had the good fortune to get reservations at the Just August Project last night.I didn't bring my camera with me, as I sometimes find I concentrate too hard on the photos and not enough on the food, and I didn't want that to happen this time.

I am glad I did.

The food was great, and the kids running this place were fantastic. (anyone under 30 is a kid these days)

Here is the menu, and it was fantastic. Some superlatives to point out - the sweetbreads were some of the best I have ever had. And I seek out sweetbreads. I have eaten them on four continents and have enjoyed them all. But these were some to write home about. The bread breads were also great. Now that I am baking weekly it is fun to see what others can do with a little yeast and gluten.

But it really was special to see the heart that this crew poured into the pop-up. I hope they get their own place soon.

I feel sorry for anyone who wasn't me last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment