July 12, 2010

Revival Meats

I have been reading about Revival Meats since I first stumbled across them from someone's twitter feed. So last week Friday, when I read that they (read that as Morgan Weber, the owner of Revival) would be at the Dairy Maid's warehouse from 3:00 to 6:30, I was thrilled. I figured this would be a great time to get some real pork, and also to support a local farm about which I had heard such great things.

I had a meeting at the Empire Cafe late that afternoon, so I was not too far away from the warehouse. I got up there about 4:00, but Morgan had not yet arrived.

I was worried that he may have sold out of all his pork, but the truth was a little more prosaic. He had a meeting with Brennan's restaurant that went long. (Coincidentally, we ate at Brennan's Saturday evening - the first time since they reopened. It was great) We are good with that, as we want good pork at Brennan's and we want Revival meat to become famous.

From Revival Meats and other backyard pleasures

DairyMaid's Warehouse

Morgan got to the warehouse about 4:30 or so, and had two big coolers with some nice looking pieces of meat.

I was second in line (to @FoodPrincess. Nice meeting you, by the way!) and picked out some nice looking bacon:

From Revival Meats and other backyard pleasures

and a couple of pork chops:

From Revival Meats and other backyard pleasures
They were all frozen, so I took them home to thaw.

Oh, and of course I bought some Cheese from the DairyMaid's stash. We had the cheese that evening for supper (very healthy!) and prepared the Pork Chops Sunday night.

I will write more about that later.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout. It was nice meeting you also. My chop is still frozen, did you cook any of your purchases yet?

    ReplyDelete