July 18, 2009

Reunions, Rainbows, and Thunderstorms

Doreen went to her High School reunion this evening. (Houston Memorial High School)

She was very gracious, and asked if I would like to go, but was very clear that she would not be upset if I said "no".

Which I did.

Sadly for her, but good for the rest of us, we had some tremendous thunderstorms here this evening. She had to drive over to the reunion, but I was here eating peanuts and potato chips for supper. But as the thunder became nigh on continuous, I went outside with Blaze to see what the heck was going on.

I was rewarded with a spectacular double rainbow and a delightful light show from the sky. The lightning was just non-stop. You could not even count the seconds (five to the mile) to see how far away the strikes were. The other interesting thing is that most of the lightning was "cloud to cloud" lightning. As you can see below (I think it is about 26 seconds into the video) the lightning never touches the ground.

What a great thing to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment