July 11, 2009

42nd Street

Doreen mentioned this morning that she would sure like to see 42nd Street, a musical that was playing at Miller Theatre in Hermann Park.

I told her I would love to as well, and it was too bad that the tickets were sold out.

But is is a free outdoor show, so of course the tickets weren't sold out. So sad to be me.

Doreen works with the guy who runs the guy who runs the facility at Miller, and they do each other favors. So she called him up, and we had covered seat tickets (All tickets to Miller Theatre are free. Sometimes they are easy to get, sometimes not so easy) waiting for us when we showed up.

I saw two people that I knew at the show, amazingly enough, Doreen saw nobody!

It was really a lot of fun. You have not lived until you have seen 20 people tap dancing to We're in the Money on stage!

Oh, and Loretta Swit played the lead! She looks good, but she is 71 years old! Holy Mackerel!

No comments:

Post a Comment