June 8, 2008

Rome

I am currently close to Rome, at some Golf resort owned by Sheraton. I am here for a convention. It will be work.

I flew here via Chicago. Continental to Chicago, Alitalia to Rome. I took this route because the company does not pay for business class – I pay to upgrade myself and this was by far the cheapest way to do so. We (Doreen will be joining be later this week) bought these tickets months ago. Then I started hearing about how Alitalia was going to go out of business, and how it is the Worst Airline Ever. My experience was quite good. The service in air was good, the lounge was nice, the food was good. The plane ever arrived more or less on time. The worst part was waiting an hour to get my bag (yes, Dick, I know that you would not have had to wait!)

The plane was the Leonardo di Vinci. I took a picture with my phone (below) but I don’t think it turned out too well.

Now I need to either eat or nap. And besides that, I have to work! Yipes!



No comments:

Post a Comment