April 19, 2008

Inn at Dos Brisas

Early last week Doreen pointed out that we didn't have any plans for the weekend. I agreed, and mentioned what a good thing that was. She said that she would like to go to Dallas. I didn't think that was the best idea I had heard recently. So she said that I had to find something to entertain her for the weekend.


We had recently read a review of a small inn near Brenham call The Inn at Dos Brisas. It has rooms for eight couples, and while I didn't think it was likely that we would be able to get a room on such short notice, I called to make an inquiry.


Luckily for me, they had a cancellation for Friday night. So I grabbed the room, made a reservation for the Chef's Tasting Menu with accompanied wine pairing, and we left Houston about 1:30 on Friday afternoon.


We arrived there about 3:00 PM, and we greeted warming and showed to our casita. (Photos here) we started the afternoon with a nice glass of grower's champagne, and the weekend just kept getting better.


Doreen had a massage and we got to dinner about 7:30. Dinner lasted until almost 11:00, and was comprised of about 8 courses (each! we had different dishes at each course, and we shared) with a different wine for each plate. If I get the energy,I will describe the dinner in a later post.


The next day we awoke to a wonderful breakfast on our patio. We then went for a horseback ride (!) and after a great lunch we drove home.


It was a very nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment