October 21, 2007

Shibboleth

I am in London. I am between obligations - one ended Friday here, and other starts Monday evening in Oslo. So what do you do in London? Call up and old friend and go to the Tate Modern.

The feature show at the Tate is something called Shibboleth by Doris Salcedo. Here is a picture of my friend Keith at the exhibit:



It was really something to see. It is a crack that goes down about a meter in spots into the concrete floor (or is that a cement floor, Matthew?) of the museum. The museum itself used to be a power plant, so this is one BIG floor

We also went to the British Museum yesterday to make sure that the Rosetta Stone is still behind glass. It is.

Then we met my younger sister, who is coincidently enough here this weekend also, for a drink in a pub. They have very good beer here.

Other than that, it was just a lot of walking around. The weather cooperated by being coolish but not cold, sunny and not damp. Overall, an excellent time to kill a weekend here.

(But the truth is I would much rather be home with my sweet ever-lovin')

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty cool meeting Ree there.

    The floor is concrete.

    ReplyDelete