August 18, 2007

Out of Town Visitors

My niece and her fiancé are visiting from Memphis. He is planning to apply to the Rice MBA program. We have been showing them around Houston.

Yesterday morning we had a behind the scenes tour of the zoo, and it was great fun. We were able to pet and feed the elephants (they have a new baby there – it was able to untie Josienne’s shoes! It LOVED untying her shoes), get licked in the face by an Okapi; get a close up view of a Tawny Frogmouth. They also let us into the Meerkat exhibit. That was a blast, they let us feed them mealworms. Josienne and Jared took some photos and videos. I will link to them once they get the online.

Yesterday afternoon we took a tour of the Jones School. That was quite interesting. I have been to many events at the school, but this is the first time I went on a tour. It made ME want to get an MBA.

The first evening they were here we ate at Dolce Vita, our favorite pizza place in town. Then last night we started out at Max’s Wine Dive for a nice glass of wine and some treats. It was our first time there, and the food was great, the wine was a bargain, but it was VERY loud. I am too old for such a place, but I think that J&J were OK with it.

Tonight we are going to my sister’s for a party. That will be fun.

1 comment: