April 1, 2014

A Picnique


You may have noticed that we seem to eat a lot while on vacation. This is true, but sometimes we opt for a more simple meal. In this case, a small picnic that we got from a local food store.

There is always a lot of negotiation on what we will get. I will usually opt for a sausage or cheese entree, Doreen will often go for a more vegetable heavy dish.

In this case, we split. I really wanted to get the Sausage Lyonnaise, or sausage ball, and Doreen did not feel that was a good choice. So I agreed to eat the sausage ball on my own (we usually share) and she would have the vegetable quiche.



You can see we also got two desserts, which we did agree to split - an almond croissant, and a tiny little Tarte Tatin, which is sort of like an apple pie.




Well, I have to say that the sausage roll was very delicious, and I did share it with Doreen. Her quiche was not so delicious. So I opted out.

There is a little back story with this meal. We had been lollygagging over at the Marche aux Puce (which see) and came back to town late. Doreen had been craving some onion soup, and wanted to go to a little cafe that where we had lunch several years ago.

I agreed (though I was craving a sausage ball after seeing it the day before) and we walked over to the cafe.

Though it was only 2:20, they had closed! They stopped serving at 2:00. So I got two bonuses that day - letting Doreen have the lunch she wanted (even though it didn't pan out) AND a sausage ball! 

It was a good lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment