May 4, 2012

Flying into Oslo

It was a beautiful day to fly between Frankfurt and Oslo. I woke up just in time to see us cross the coast.

The camera phone really does not do this justice. The islands were popping out as if they had a spotlight on them:


Then the landscape is dotted with small lakes:
 

and an occasional mine:
 

There was a new Boeing 787 Dreamliner at the Oslo Airport!
 

Then I got to my hotel, The Continental, and this is my view:

Nice!

Home Saturday.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Nice view.

    Maybe we should put Scandinavia on our travel list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is expensive here, but very nice. I want to go up north of the arctic circle at some point and experience an endless day. (or night)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stuff Dan. I really like Oslo and The Continental - expensive as it is. Look for "The Barfly" bar in the main square. If its still there you can listen to Swedes complain about having to work in Norway. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Norwegians sort of revel in the Swedes coming to work here. It was the reverse for so long...

    ReplyDelete