December 10, 2009

Flying from Oslo to Stavanger to London

I started out in Oslo this morning. My flight was scheduled for about 8:25, and President Obama was scheduled to come in to town at almost exactly the same time. It did cause some delays (about 30 minutes) but we got out with no real problem. I didn't see Air Force One, much to my disappointment.

The cool thing was this: I was able to get onto the plane without talking to a person! You get your ticket at a kiosk, get through security (well, OK. I had to talk to security. But they were not SAS personnel) and to get on the plane, you just swipe your affinity card (Continental OnePass, in my case) in a card reader, push through a turnstile, and walk onto the plan! Very cool. Very efficient.

The Stavanger airport was not as nice. It is smaller and all manual.

Heathrow is huge, and sort of a pain in the butt.

But I am in London, waiting to fly home in the morning on CO35.

It was a good trip, but I will be glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment