November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. It started last Wednesday, as I am burning vacation hours and need to take some extra days off.

Doreen had to work, so I worked around the house (replacing a timing motor in for our pond, for example) and had lunch with my Sweet Ever Lovin' at Treebeards downtown. Nothing says a day off like Red Beans and Rice! (I don't work anywhere near downtown, and I just love the Treebeard's RB&R)

Wednesday evening we had Doreen's friend Linda over, and I cooked some Pan Roasted Chicken, Braised Brussels Sprouts, and Rice Pilaf. We had a nice White Burgundy to go with it.

Thanksgiving day we went over to our friends Jim and Gary's house for a delightful (and filling) meal. Turkey, Dressing, Cranberries, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Corn Casserole, Salad, THREE KINDS (Apple Cream, Pumpkin, Pecan) of Pie, and Champagne (the pink kind). We ate too much, talked too much, and had a great time.

On Friday, we laid low and didn't eat too much. We had lunch with Trouta (My MIL) of cold cuts and potato chips. Two of my nieces came over for drinks later (it was Domi's 27th birthday - on the 27th!) before they went out to dinner.

Saturday we met my sister and the aforementioned nieces for crawfish and oysters at the Ragin Canjun. You just can't beat crawfish and oysters.

Finally, today we had lunch at Beaver's Ice House (not the old Beaver's Matthew. This one is fancy) and it was great. I had Texa-Quiles that were delicious. Doreen had their pulled pork sandwich. Also, great.

This evening we are eating leftover Pozole. And then on to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment