June 2, 2009

A package from Turkey

Yesterday (Monday) was my first day in the office for three weeks. It is always good to be back home, but it was sort of sad not being on vacation anymore.

So when I received this package from Turkey:

I was pleased.

While it may LOOK like a package of something that would ordinarily not be sent via DHL, we all know that you have to hid those sorts of things inside of table legs or ceramic Buddhas. So I knew that this was nothing more exciting than antique rugs.


This makes it look even more suspicious:


But once I opened them up, the great rugs that we bought came tumbling out:


It is fun buying rugs. It is amazing that there are so many rugs to buy in the world. I would guess that in some places, all people ever do is weave rugs:

That little one with the diamond patterns was really interesting. It is more like needlepoint than anything else. I will try and find a way to get a better photo of it online.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment