February 7, 2009

Writers and Poets Ball

Tonight Doreen and I went to the Inprint gala - Houston's Writers and Poets Ball. We went last year as well, and it is generally a pretty fun event. Three local writers read from their works (two professors from the U of H, which has a pretty good writing school, and the mayor's wife).

Then we had dinner, and then Rabih Alameddine spoke.

It was all fun.

Whenever we go to these events I hate to valet park. Not so much that I don't like to have other people drive my car (though I don't) but because I hate to wait for my car at the end of the evening.

So we parked in the street (as we are want to do) and when we were leaving Andrea White (see above) walked out with us, to her self parked car - for the same reason (Hizzoner skedaddled out earlier on his own). Andrea knows Doreen (she doesn't know me) so it was a nice stroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment