December 4, 2008

Good and Bad customer service from Sirius Radio

I have Sirius satellite radio in my car. The first year was free, and then last November, they called me up and asked me to resubscribe. Following a good salesman's script, they first asked if I wanted to get a lifetime subscription - but I demurred. They then told me what it would cost to get one year, or two year's subscription. I asked for two year's (you save a bit of money) and charged it to my American Express card. I though that was that.

Until I got a notice today telling me that they were ready to charge my next year's subscription to my Amex card. What? So I called up, and asked what was going on. The first fellow I spoke with said: "Sorry. You only paid for one year. There is nothing I can do" I told him that I felt that they made a mistake, and they should give me the second year's subscription at the incremental price from a one year, to a two year subscription. He said that was impossible, but he would connect me to a supervisor. 20 minutes later, I hung up.

I called back, and told the same story again, a second time. The woman who answered said that they have no record of me asking for a two year subscription, and there was nothing she could. She put me on hold, assuring me that she would come back every two minutes to let me know what was going on. 10 minutes later, I hung up.

SO I called back a third time. Again, I explained to the guy (Paul) who answered what the problem is. He understood immediately, and said, "Let me see what I can do. I want to give you a credit for the delta between the two fees. But I need to put you on hold for a moment to get authorization". He put me on hold, and less that two minutes later he was back and had credited my account the amount between the two charges.

Bad
Bad
Good.

I give them credit for fixing my problem. I only wish it did not take three calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment