September 23, 2007

San Antonio

I drove to San Antonio today. My company is exhibiting at the Society for Exploration Geophysicists annual convention. This is a pretty big deal for us – it is our biggest convention of the year. We get clients and prospects from all over the world coming by to see what we have new.

Conventions are not fun. I have to go there this evening and have a few drinks we people I see only occasionally, and almost always in a business setting. I have to be nice, because nice sells. I am by nature pretty nice, but this is small talk for cash. It is work.

The drive over here was pretty nice. It is almost exactly 200 miles door step to door step. I did it is about 3 hours (legally. The speed limit is 70) There was not much traffic so it was clear sailing most of the way. This was the longest trip I had made in the new car since I got it. Now I am contemplating a cross country road trip.

I listened to some “books on tape” (actually short stories on DVD, but who’s counting) and enjoyed them quite a bit. It is sort of like getting bedtime stories read to you. The narrators even did voices.

Back to work!

1 comment:

  1. Love those books on tape.

    I've never bought one. Unlike regular books, I never felt the need to own one - it's not like you can browse through them after you're done with one.

    ReplyDelete