December 8, 2005

The Downside of Caller ID

About the only downside of Caller ID that I am aware of is that people now call back any number that they don’t recognize or that doesn’t leave a message. What a waste of time! I mean, if I dial a wrong number, I now feel compelled to say something like “Oh, sorry. I dialed this number by mistake? Or I will get the inevitable call back that goes like this:

“Hello? Did someone call me?”

“It was a wrong number”

“Oh. Why did you call?”

Click.

I mean, what do they think? They won the lottery or something? Why don’t they push this natural curiosity into something useful other than dial up numbers you don’t recognize on your stinking telephone!

Jeez. No wonder I hate people.

1 comment:

  1. Dan I live with this pain.
    They call my cell phone.

    The 1:00am call:
    ... hello? who is this?
    I don't know? who is this I am calling? THEN DON'T CALL DUMMY.

    I figure I will just endlessly fax them later... ;-) Thanks Dan

    ReplyDelete