May 26, 2013

Dolce far niente, part three

Sunday morning comes with a welcome call from my Sweet Ever Lovin' at about 6:15. She was taking a train from New Haven to New York City, while I was waking up and getting ready to walk Blaze.

I think we all have our morning routines, and I don't think any of us like it when they are upset. Not me, not the dog, not the cats. Thank goodness I am not traveling that much these days, and neither is Doreen. so the new chores don't become routine. And that is a good thing.

After the walk, feeding the pets, I was able to make a nice cup of coffee and a good piece of toast.
I took both outside to relax on the front porch with the newspaper. Well, both of them.

Sunday morning is the time when I get ready for the rest of the week, victuals wise. I roast coffee and bake bread. Today was no different. I roasted coffee and baked bread.

Reading, baking, roasting are all a good Sunday. Dolce far niente indeed.

I have beans soaking for dinner, planted some hot peppers and basil in the beds I prepared yesterday and am now drinking a glass of wine.

I really hate it when Doreen is out of town, but when she is I take advantage of the time to do next to nothing.

I think I will call it "Dolce far Piette"


No comments:

Post a Comment